Sunday, July 31, 2011

Summer Pasta Salad

In summer we start getting in the mood for fresh and cool food.  We love cold pasta dishes!  One of our favorite go-to recipes is something our mom made often growing up, Italian Pasta Salad.  It's really simple, and can easily be customized.  Here's our version of it with fresh red tomatoes, celery, garlic , basil and a lots of Parmigiano Reggiano:
 Spaghetti in Insalata
300g spaghetti
2 fresh tomatoes              
80g celery
Basil, parsley
1 clove of garlic
Grated Parmigiano
100g olive oil                   
Salt, black pepper
Chop celery, parsley and basil and place them in a bowl. Add the oil, mixing well. Cut the garlic in half and add it to the sauce. Cut the tomatoes into small cubes and add them to the sauce, along with salt and pepper. Cover the recipient and leave in a cool place for at least 1½ hours. Meanwhile cook the spaghetti, pour it into the recipient and mix well, adding the Parmigiano.


2 comments:

  1. This is really a great recipe, me and my wife will try to make something, like you did, this weekend. I hope it will turn out great. I will let you know.

    Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really a great pasta salad recipe , me and my wife will try to make something, like you did, next weekend. I hope it will turn out great.
    Regards.

    ReplyDelete